Hi-Res audio with an analog soul
The NS-6170 combines the accessibility and usability of digital audio with the soul of analog, transforming how you experience music on your Hi-Fi system. A wideband DIDRC Filter enhances flagship dual-differential DACs at the heart of a separately powered twin-monaural L/R channel circuit layout. These technologies help articulate the distinctive and nuanced instrumental resonances contained in Hi-Res Audio signals, but with a richness and vitality seldom associated with digital listening.
Connect your HDD music library via USB and flick through terabytes of tunes like fingers through a crate of records using the Onkyo Controller app, or stream whatever’s playing from mobile to the player and other supported components over Chromecast built-in*, or FlareConnect™*. Every day is a new adventure in sound, and all through the same amp and speakers that make your LPs sing.
- Supports Hi-Res Audio Playback: DSD (DSF/DIFF) to 11.2 MHz; FLAC, WAV, Apple Lossless, and AIFF to 192 kHz/24-bit
- 2 x USB Type-A Inputs (Front and Rear) for Audio Playback via Mass-Storage Class HDDs* with Easy Music Selection via Onkyo Controller App for iOS*1 and Android™*2
- Chromecast built-in*3, Wi-Fi®, AirPlay, and Spotify®
- Support for TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn Streaming Services*4
- DAB+ and FM/RDS Tuner with 40 Station Presets
- FlareConnect™*3 Multi-room Audio Distribution to Compatible Components and Speakers
- Supports a Variety of Compressed Audio Formats Including MP3, MPEG4 AAC, and WMA
- Jog/Push/Enter Controls Including Power ON/OFF, Play/Pause, and Stop
Use Spotify (with Facebook login) with your Onkyo system
To use Spotify with any of these devices you need to login with your Spotify username and password.
If you registered to Spotify using your Facebook login, you will need to retrieve a Spotify device username/password - you cannot use your Facebook login details on your Onkyo receiver.
You can retrieve your Spotify username / create your device password here
Once you have your Spotify username and your new password, please login to Spotify on your audio system with your new details. Note that you need a Premium subscription to use any of these devices with Spotify.
Problems after firmware update
In case you encounter problems after a firmware update of your AV receiver, e.g.
- AV receiver hangs/freezes
- blue screen displayed instead of video signal
- no/limited access to networking features (incl Onkyo Remote App)
- other features that are no longer functional
then please reset your A/V receiver to factory defaults and repeat the firmware update again.
To reset the AV receiver to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down VCR/DVR, press ON/STANDBY. “Clear” will appear on the display and the AV receiver will enter standby mode.
Note that resetting the AV receiver will delete your radio presets and custom settings (incl network configuration).
If the problem persists, please contact the Onkyo Customercare.